Description: Hosts Elle Russ and Brad Kearns tackle an assortment of topics influenced by podcast listener and MarksDailyApple.com reader comments, including low testosterone (problematic for both males and females) and natural ways to optimize hormones. They discuss concerns about HbA1c, a test that reveals long term blood glucose levels and has the potential to bring up concerns about metabolic damage caused by decades of SAD eating, and how it might delay results when going Primal. Discussion continues about the reframing of alcohol in The Primal Blueprint in the “Avoid Poisonous Things” category, given how it can compromise gut health and fat reduction goals, and contribute to other health concerns and conditions. At the end of the show, Elle discusses the journey of writing her book The Paleo Thyroid Solution, and dispenses some interesting advice to those aspiring to write.
This episode is brought to you by Safe Catch Elite—the lowest mercury tuna of any brand. Safe Catch is the only brand that tests every fish and is paleo certified. For tuna with amazing purity and amazing taste, go to Safecatch.com/primal and receive 20% off your order!
- Brad and Elle point out that if you have a problem with a part of your body, it is not that that gland or organ is faulty, it is that it is not being nourished properly. [00:01:28]
- What happens to the testosterone levels when the body is mishandled? [00:04:27]
- What is the Primal perspective on this testosterone problem? Should one take hormones? [00:09:44]
- What about insulin resistance and HBA-1 test? What does it tell you about your intake of carbs? [00:14:01]
- The genetic makeup of people makes a tremendous difference in their ability to take in carbs. [00:17:48]
- Question: What am I doing wrong that I am eating primally and doing everything the primal people say and I am not losing weight? [00:19:29]
- Alcohol is the first to burn source of calories and therefore your bloodstream is being depleted of glucose while you are burning the alcohol. [00:22:02]
- What about dark chocolate? Can anyone be intolerant of it? What is the ALCAT test? [00:27:05]
- Elle talks about women’s estrogen issues. What about fibrocystic breasts? [00:31:08]
- Why do so many people ignore when something in their body isn’t right? [00:38:05]
- How does the process feel now that Elle has written a book about her health? [00:39:33]